Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Attack Phase Day 7



January 8, 2013

Attack Phase Day 7

Working in an office is detrimental to one’s dieting.  I live and work on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, although not a native.  One of the guys in the office just moved to New Orleans and commutes every day.  He has graciously offered to bring a King Cake each week from one of four exceptional, well-known New Orleans bakeries.  Wow!  What a blow to my willpower.  I LOVE King Cake, especially blueberry cream cheese.  The next month is going to be a real challenge.  After the 4 weeks are up he intends to bring in something called a Doberge Cake from Gambino’s Bakery.  I’ve never tasted one of these, but have heard fabulous stories of how wonderful they are.  Here is a photo of what we are talking about:





I’m going to need my forum friends to help me stay strong.  My reaction to his news was one of anger, although I didn’t lash out at him.  I smiled politely then stomped off to the restroom where I fumed about it and stomped back to my desk and carried on.  But I haven’t been able to get it out of my head.  I’m going to have to find something that will keep me satisfied and help me to stay away from the temptation.



On the bright side though, I lost the 1.8 pounds I had gained back yesterday!  I think it had to do with salt intake and too much dairy.  I’ll keep an eye on that in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment